Following the success of our CAMEL⁺ workshops, we are pleased to announce that our next learning opportunity, the HYENA⁺ Introductory Training Course, will begin in just under a month. The course will consist of two workshops, with Workshop One being held on Wednesday the 21st of June.
The HYENA⁺ Introductory Training Course is designed to suit new HYENA⁺ users, graduate engineers, and fire protection designers. Experienced users will also benefit from the training by reinforcing their existing knowledge and learning about the latest updates in HYENA⁺.
The first workshop will include an overview of hydraulic calculations and a walkthrough of the a HYENA⁺ program.
Specific training information includes:
- Hydraulic calculation basics
- Understanding the basis of calculations: the Hazen-Williams and Darcy Weisbach methods
- Understanding K-factors and Pressure Exponent
- An overview of preparing a node diagram / considerations for numbering
- How to use the most common input screens and how to get the most out of the new features in the HYENA⁺ platform
- How to set up a HYENA⁺ calculation
- Tips on how to review calculations and sense check your results
There will be opportunities for Q&A throughout the workshop. Course summary notes and a CPD Certificate for 3 hours of training will be provided after the session has been completed.
If you don’t have a current subscription to HYENA⁺, you can sign up for a free 14-day trial here before the event to make the most of this opportunity.
Attendees of Workshop One are also encouraged to register for Workshop Two, which will be held the following week. In Workshop Two we will build upon the knowledge gained in Workshop One and cover more complex systems and advanced concepts.